Crime
President Tinubu Orders Immediate Arrest, Sacks Three Perm Secs as ICPC Uncovers New Fake Agency
President Tinubu Orders Immediate Arrest, Sacks Three Perm Secs as ICPC Uncovers New Fake Agency
President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of one George Buchi Nwabueze and the suspension of three permanent secretaries over the discovery of another fake agency operating within the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
Eereporter.com
They include M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare, and Richard P. Pheelangwah.
Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Dr Musa Aliyu, SAN disclosed this to State House correspondents on Friday after briefing the President for the second time in two days, following an earlier meeting on Thursday.
Aliyu said the newly uncovered fake office, operating under the name “National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office,” had been illegally allocated office space within the premises of the OSGF, contrary to extant laws and without presidential authorisation.
He said, “Upon further briefing by ICPC to Mr President on the ongoing investigations into the fake Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council and procedural weaknesses in the public service, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission has uncovered another fake agency and office operating under the name National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office, which has been illegally allocated office space within the premises of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation,” Aliyu said.
He said the discovery emerged in the course of the commission’s broader investigation, as earlier directed by President Tinubu, and identified the promoter of the fake office as one Prince George Buchi Nwabueze, who was found to be operating under multiple aliases.
“The fake agency office, National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, was promoted by one George Buchi Nwabueze, with active suspected collaborators in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, contrary to extant laws and without authorisation of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
He revealed that the ICPC had engaged the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation to ascertain vital information relating to the fake office under investigation, and had comprehensively briefed the President on the new developments.
“I have briefed Mr President comprehensively on these new developments. ICPC will continue with its investigations accordingly,” he said.
Aliyu said following the discovery, “Mr President has directed as follows: the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze; the immediate suspension of the following permanent secretaries; M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare, and Richard P. Pheelangwah,” he said.
Friday’s development is the latest in a scandal that began with the exposure of the fictitious Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council, whose self-styled Director-General, Adeniyi Adeyemi Matthew, is currently facing prosecution on charges of forgery and impersonation.

Tinubu
The ICPC’s interim report, submitted to the President on August 6 after a 30-day investigation, had earlier disclosed the existence of two other fictitious bodies, the FCT Investment Promotion Agency and the Foreign Investment Promotion Agency and Public-Private Partnership.
The National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office is the fourth fake agency uncovered after the PFIFC scandal since early April.
Eereporter.com
Crime
EFCC Boss Orders Withdrawal of Charges Against Maryam Shehu, Abubakar Shuraim Abdulhamad
EFCC Boss Orders Withdrawal of Charges Against Maryam Shehu, Abubakar Shuraim Abdulhamad
The Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede has compassionately ordered the withdrawal of charges preferred against Maryam Isah Shehu and Abubakar Shuraim Abdulhamad, who were, on Thursday August 20, 2026 arraigned before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court, Abuja, for alleged cybercrime and peddling malicious information against the Commission.
Eereporter.com
While the Commission considered the arraignment of the two defendants for cyber stalking to be contrary to Section 24(2) (c) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, Etc) Act, 2015 (As Amended) 2024 and punishable under Section 24 (2) (c) (ii) of the same Act, the Executive Chairman, nonetheless, considered the passionate pleas and apologies of Shehu’s father and appeals of well-meaning Nigerians for leniency.
To this end, he has directed that charges filed against the two young Nigerians be dropped and warned that the EFCC would no longer tolerate any wilful attack on its image in any form, medium or platform.

Ola Olukoyede
The EFCC’s boss assured Nigerians that the Commission would continue to function in line with its assigned mandate and in the best interests of the nation.
Eereporter.com
Crime
Sokoto Police Kill two Bandits, Recover Stolen Motorcycles
Sokoto Police Kill two Bandits, Recover Stolen Motorcycles
The Sokoto State Police Command has intensified its crackdown on banditry, kidnapping and motorcycle theft, recording a series of operational successes across the state.
Eereporter.com
The command said two suspected bandits were neutralised, several suspects arrested, firearms and ammunition recovered, while no fewer than 17 stolen motorcycles were recovered in operations targeting criminal syndicates.
The Commissioner of Police, CP Hayatullah Shaffa, disclosed this on Wednesday while briefing journalists on the command’s recent achievements in the fight against violent crimes and other criminal activities.
He said the latest breakthrough against banditry occurred on August 15, when the command received information about an attempted attack on Ndankaradu village in the state.
According to him, operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Unit, Voluntary Vigilante Group Rescue and other tactical teams were immediately deployed to the area.
“The gallant operatives engaged the hoodlums in a fierce gun duel which lasted for a considerable period. Overwhelmed by the superior firepower and tactical manoeuvring of the joint team, the bandits fled into the nearby forest with gunshot wounds,” Shaffa said.
He added that a subsequent combing operation led to the recovery of two AK-47 rifles, two magazines and 54 rounds of ammunition.
The police commissioner also announced the arrest of three suspected members of a motorcycle theft syndicate following credible intelligence.
He identified the suspects as Siba Abdullahi of Nimbisu village, Hassan Hassan of Tamaji and Osman Ishan of Ngorobu area, all in Sokoto.
Shaffa said five stolen motorcycles and a fabricated pistol were recovered from the suspects’ premises.
He disclosed that investigations were continuing, with efforts underway to arrest other members of the syndicate.
In a separate operation, the command arrested two suspects, Hamza and Yasser, following complaints by community leaders from Manababa, Mabira and Ngorongu areas over rising cases of motorcycle theft, extortion and illicit drug activities.
The CP said investigations revealed that the suspects allegedly worked with other individuals currently at large to steal motorcycles and sell them to buyers.
He said further investigation uncovered a network allegedly involved in forging documents for the stolen motorcycles.
“Further investigation revealed that some suspects were responsible for forging documents of the stolen motorcycles, while buyers of the stolen motorcycles have also been arrested,” he said.
Shaffa also disclosed the arrest of a suspected bandit, Abdullah Habuba, alias Osho, during an operation in Tudun Diki village.
He said the suspect was arrested on August 8 following credible intelligence and allegedly confessed to being a key member of a kidnapping syndicate operating in Gwadabawa, Bodinga and other parts of the state.
“Habuba is currently providing actionable intelligence to assist the police in tracking and arresting other members of the syndicate,” the CP said.
The command also recorded a breakthrough in a child abduction case after rescuing a 10-year-old boy, Mohammed Sofianu, who was reported missing in Gidambadi, Tangaza Local Government Area.
Shaffa said the child was allegedly lured into a room, injected with a sedative and forced into a sack.
“The victim was immediately rushed to the hospital, where he was treated and discharged. One suspect has been arrested in connection with the case and is providing useful information to the police,” he said.
The CP said investigation into the incident was ongoing, while efforts were being made to apprehend other suspects allegedly connected to the crime.
Shaffa commended the officers and men of the Strike Force, Anti-Kidnapping Unit and other tactical teams for their professionalism, courage and swift response to criminal activities.
He assured residents that the command would sustain its operations against banditry, kidnapping, motorcycle theft and other forms of criminality.
“The command will not rest until all the fleeing suspects are apprehended and prosecuted,” he said.

Police
The commissioner warned criminals operating in Sokoto State that they would be relentlessly pursued and brought to justice.
He also urged residents to remain vigilant and report suspicious activities to the nearest police station.
Shaffa further warned members of the public against purchasing stolen motorcycles, stressing that buyers of stolen property would also face the law.
He called on parents and guardians to caution their children and wards against involvement in criminal activities, assuring residents that the command remained committed to protecting lives and property across the state.
Eereporter.com
Crime
Nigerian Navy, NDLEA Strengthen Collaboration, Destroy #301 Billion Worth of Illicit Drugs in Lagos
Nigerian Navy, NDLEA Strengthen Collaboration, Destroy #301 Billion Worth of Illicit Drugs in Lagos
The Nigerian Navy has reinforced its commitment to inter-agency collaboration in the fight against illicit drug trafficking as the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) destroyed 329,865.585 kilogrammes of assorted illicit drugs and psychotropic substances valued at approximately #301.058 billion in Lagos.
Eereporter.com
The public destruction exercise, conducted by the NDLEA Lagos State Strategic Command on 17 August 2026 at the Nigerian Navy Marine Centre, Navy Town, Ojo, Lagos, brought together senior representatives of the Nigerian Navy, NDLEA, Lagos State Government, Nigeria Customs Service and other stakeholders.
The destroyed exhibits comprised 246,864.535 kilogrammes seized by the NDLEA Lagos State Strategic Command between April 2025 and May 2026, as well as 83,001.050 kilogrammes recovered by the MMIA, Tin Can, Apapa Strategic Commands and the NDLEA Marine Command.
The substances included cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, various strains of cannabis, ephedrine, tramadol, codeine syrup and other opioids, with a combined estimated street value of #301,058,076,000.
Delivering a goodwill message on behalf of the Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abbas, the Flag Officer Commanding Western Naval Command, Rear Admiral Abubakar Abdullahi Mustapha, emphasised the importance of sustained inter-agency cooperation in confronting emerging security threats. He also commended the longstanding collaboration between the Nigerian Navy and NDLEA in disrupting illicit drug networks and interdicting vessels of interest.
The Chief Executive Officer of NDLEA, Brigadier General Mohammed Buba Marwa (Rtd), described the exercise as a demonstration of Nigeria’s collective resolve to permanently remove seized illicit substances from circulation and deny criminal elements the resources required to sustain their activities.

NDLEA, Nigerian
The Nigerian Navy remains committed to deepening collaboration with NDLEA and other relevant agencies to disrupt illicit drug trafficking networks, strengthen national security and contribute to a safer and more secure maritime environment.
Signed
Abiodun Folorunsho Navy Captain Director of Naval Information.
Eereporter.com
-
Crime1 year agoKogi Assembly Considers Law To Regulate Rent, Establish Control Board: Tenancy Law
-
News1 year agoAtiku Reveals Why He Failed To Pick Wike As Running Mate In 2023
-
Akwa Ibom2 years agoThe Apostolic Church Gets New Territorial Chairman, Exco
-
Crime2 years agoFederal High Court Jails 2 For Vandalizing Transformer, Telecom Mast In Kogi
-
News2 years agoThe Apostolic Church Gets New National President, Executive
-
Akwa Ibom2 years agoUmo Eno Commences Payment Of 80,000 Naira Minimum Wage With Arrears
-
News1 year agoSenator Natasha Returns To Senate With Husband Amid Seat Dispute
-
Economy1 year agoKiyosaki: Is Tinubu’s Government Afraid Of Ibrahim Traore?
