News
FG Reiterates Commitment To Reforms, Results-Driven Governance In Public Service: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo
FG Reiterates Commitment To Reforms, Results-Driven Governance In Public Service: Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo
The Honourable Minister of Interior, Dr. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, has reaffirmed the Federal Government’s commitment to transformative reforms aimed at enhancing efficiency, strengthening internal security, and delivering measurable results across public institutions.
Speaking at a high-level session of the International Civil Service Conference themed “Reforms, Resilience and Results,” the Minister emphasised that excessive bureaucracy and redundant procedures remain significant barriers to progress in the public sector.
Eereporter.com
He noted that “complexity is the enemy of progress,” stressing the urgent need to simplify processes in order to unlock innovation and improve service delivery outcomes for Nigerians.
Dr. Tunji-Ojo stated that in the 21st century, “business as usual has no place in public service,” highlighting the growing expectation of citizens for tangible results rather than explanations. According to him, the trust reposed in public officials must be matched with performance, accountability, and a clear commitment to reform.
Addressing stakeholders, including members of the Federal Executive Council, heads of agencies, members of the diplomatic corps, and industry leaders, the Minister acknowledged the critical role of collaboration in driving sustainable change. He particularly commended the dedication and professionalism of civil servants in the Ministry of Interior, describing them as instrumental to the successes recorded so far.
Speaking on the conference theme, Dr. Tunji-Ojo outlined the Ministry’s reform approach, noting that effective reform begins with a clear understanding of existing challenges.
He explained that meaningful reforms require answering three fundamental questions: identifying “what is” — the current situation; defining “what ought to be” — the desired state; and determining “how” to transition between both through structured interventions.
The Minister observed that many reform efforts fail due to poor problem identification, which often results in misplaced solutions.
“You cannot solve a problem you do not understand,” he stated, adding that data-driven analysis and strategic thinking remain essential for meaningful progress in internal security and governance.
He further called for a paradigm shift in governance, urging public servants to move away from emotional attachment to outdated systems and embrace innovation, knowledge, and practical understanding as tools for reform.

Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo
Reiterating the Ministry’s mandate in safeguarding Nigeria’s internal security architecture, Dr. Tunji-Ojo assured Nigerians of the Ministry’s continued efforts to strengthen institutional capacity, improve operational efficiency, and deliver impactful results aligned with national priorities.
The event also featured contributions from key stakeholders and was moderated by renowned media professional Stephanie Bussari.
E-Signed
Mrs Mary Ali, anipr
Head, Press and Public Relations
20th May 2026. Eereporter.com
News
Governor Fubara Withdraws From APC Governorship Race In Rivers
Governor Fubara Withdraws From APC Governorship Race In Rivers
Governor Sim Fubara of Rivers State has backed down on his push to secure the ticket of the ruling All Progressives Congress.
Mr Fubara’s decision came on Wednesday night in Port Harcourt, the state capital, an official said.
The embattled governor of the oil-rich state said he faced insurmountable odds in his effort to secure the ruling party ticket.
The governor’s political efforts were frustrated recently by his arch-rival and ex-benefactor, Nyesom Wike, who nominated another candidate for the ticket.

Fubara
Mr Fubara’s move comes a day ahead of the ruling party’s governorship primaries across the country. Eereporter.com
Details Loading >>>
News
NLC Demands Urgent Action Over Ogbomoso Abduction, Says “No Community Is Safe Anymore”
NLC Demands Urgent Action Over Ogbomoso Abduction, Says “No Community Is Safe Anymore”
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has demanded urgent security action from the federal government following the recent abduction of schoolchildren and teachers in Oriire LGA of Oyo state.
On Friday, gunmen attacked communities within the Ahoro-Esiele/Yawota axis of Oriire, Ogbomoso, abducting several students and seven teachers at the Community High School in Ahoro-Esiele, L.A. Primary School, Esiele, and Yawota Baptist Nursery and Primary School.
The attack left an assistant headmaster, identified as Joel Adesiyan, and a commercial motorcyclist dead.
A video which circulated on Monday showed the bandits beheading Michael Oyedokun, one of the abducted teachers, in captivity after tying him to a tree.
The video, which has sparked outrage on social media, has raised fresh concerns over the safety of the remaining victims.
Reacting to the development in a statement in Abuja on Wednesday, Joe Ajaero, NLC president, described the Ogbomoso attack as another painful reminder of the worsening security situation across communities nationwide.
“The tragedy of Ahoro Esinele and Yawota demonstrates that no community is safe anymore, while innocent children are increasingly becoming targets of violent criminal groups,” the statement reads.
“We have had enough condolences and endless assurances. Nigerians expect decisive action, effective rescue operations and stronger security measures capable of protecting lives and restoring public confidence.”
According to NAN, the NLC president noted that the abduction and Oyedokun’s murder in captivity had deepened public outrage and intensified calls for immediate rescue efforts.
Ajaero said the Ogbomoso abduction must not be treated as another routine tragedy, warning that continued attacks on schools and communities threatened national stability and public trust.
He commended security agencies and local vigilantes for their prompt response, saying available reports indicated they pursued the abductors immediately after the incident occurred in the affected communities.
“Governments at all levels must wake up to the reality that insecurity has become a direct threat to national survival, social stability and citizens’ confidence in democratic institutions,” Ajaero said.
“Our security agencies must undertake sincere soul-searching and adopt stronger strategies because Nigerians can no longer continue living in fear, uncertainty and endless mourning.”
The NLC president expressed concern at reports that security operatives were repelled by improvised explosive devices (IEDs) allegedly planted by the abductors during the rescue attempts in the area.
He claimed that the abductors had used the kidnapped pupils and teachers as human shields, complicating efforts by security personnel and local volunteers to secure their release safely.
According to him, the development indicates declining national capacity for effective rescue operations and deterrence against criminal groups terrorising communities and targeting innocent citizens across the country presently.

NLC
Ajaero warned that persistent insecurity could push desperate citizens towards relying on criminal groups for protection, describing such a possibility as dangerous for national unity and democratic governance.
He lamented that rural communities previously considered safe are now vulnerable, while residents increasingly fear that major urban centres may eventually experience similar attacks in broad daylight.
The NLC president called for sincere national conversations on insecurity, urging governments at all levels to adopt fresh strategies and stronger tactics against terrorism and organised criminal activities nationwide. Eereporter.com
News
NPF Disclaims Unauthorized “AFRIPOL 2026” Progamme
NPF Disclaims Unauthorized “AFRIPOL 2026” Progamme
The Nigeria Police Force wishes to state categorically that it did not approve, endorse, or authorize the purported “AFRIPOL 2026” programme currently being circulated online.
The Force also condemns the unauthorized use of the name “AFRIPOL”, which is globally recognized as the African Union Mechanism for Police Cooperation (AFRIPOL), an official continental policing structure established under the African Union framework, and not a platform for private or unauthorized programmes.
Eereporter.com
Furthermore, the leadership of the Nigeria Police Force did not authorize the use of the image of the Inspector-General of Police, the official logo, or the identity of the Force in connection with the said programme.

AFRIPOL 2026
Members of the public and corporate organizations are advised to disregard the publication and refrain from any form of sponsorship, payment, or engagement relating to the said event.
DCP ANTHONY OKON PLACID, psc (+), mnipr, mni, Force Public Relations Officer, Force Headquarters, Abuja
20th May, 2026. Eereporter.com
-
Crime1 year agoKogi Assembly Considers Law To Regulate Rent, Establish Control Board: Tenancy Law
-
News1 year agoAtiku Reveals Why He Failed To Pick Wike As Running Mate In 2023
-
Akwa Ibom1 year agoThe Apostolic Church Gets New Territorial Chairman, Exco
-
Crime1 year agoFederal High Court Jails 2 For Vandalizing Transformer, Telecom Mast In Kogi
-
News1 year agoThe Apostolic Church Gets New National President, Executive
-
Akwa Ibom1 year agoUmo Eno Commences Payment Of 80,000 Naira Minimum Wage With Arrears
-
News1 year agoSenator Natasha Returns To Senate With Husband Amid Seat Dispute
-
Economy1 year agoKiyosaki: Is Tinubu’s Government Afraid Of Ibrahim Traore?
