Connect with us

Crime

SDP Condemns Governor Ododo’s Ban On Rallies In Kogi

Published

on

Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan

SDP Condemns Governor Ododo’s Ban On Rallies In Kogi

SDP condemns Governor Ododo’s ban on rallies in Kogi. The Social Democratic Party has condemned the ban on political rallies and convoys by Governor Idris Ododo.

The Social Democratic Party has condemned the ban on political rallies and convoys by Governor Ahmed Ododo.

The party’s chair in Kogi, Ahmed Attah, condemned in a statement signed by the SDP press secretary, Isaiah Ijele, on Tuesday.

The party described the ban as an attack on democratic principles and a blatant attempt to silence opposition voices.

Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan

SDP Condemns Governor Ododo’s Ban

Mr Attah said, “The party views this action as an attempt to suppress the freedom of association and movement enshrined in the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

Mr Attah insisted that Kogi is not at war and urged the government to focus on development instead of engaging in political manoeuvres.

He warned that Kogi must not return to the dark days of repression, particularly against the opposition.

Crime

Police Mark Sagamu Interchange As Crime Black Spot, Intensify Surveillance: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

Published

on

By

Police

Police Mark Sagamu Interchange As Crime Black Spot, Intensify Surveillance: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

Police mark Sagamu Interchange as crime black spot, intensify surveillance: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. According to Ms Odutola, security measures are being taken in response to recent concerns about security on the axis.

The police command in Ogun says it has beefed up security at the Sagamu Interchange on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway to ensure the safety of residents and commuters.

CSP Omolola Odutola, the command’s spokesperson, disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday.

According to Ms Odutola, security measures are being taken in response to recent concerns about security on the axis.

She explained that police commissioner Lanre Ogunlowo had proactively led efforts to reinforce security at the Sagamu Interchange section on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

Ms Odutola said operatives from the Quick Response Squad, OP Mesa and Mobile Police Squadrons 71 had been strategically stationed at key locations in the area.

The police spokesperson, however, listed the locations under the bridge, at the roundabouts, and along the inward and outward routes of the four intersections.

“A two-hour assessment of the area conducted by the commissioner of police revealed illegal trading activities and presence of touts.

“Earlier in the day, a criminal hideout was discovered in the surrounding bush at the interchange, and three suspects were arrested.

Police

Police

“Thereafter, an immediate disbandment of illegal trading activities under the interchanged bridge was carried out,” she said.

The command’s spokesman urged citizens to remain vigilant and avoid falling victim to criminal activities. She advised commuters to plan their travels early to minimise security risks.

Ms Odutola assured us of increased security presence, collaborative efforts by sister security agencies, and continued support from the Ogun government on highways in the state.

Continue Reading

Crime

CBN Denies Introducing N5,000, N10,000 Banknotes

Published

on

By

CBN Denies Introducing N5,000

CBN Denies Introducing N5,000, N10,000 Banknotes

CBN denies introducing N5,000, N10,000 banknotes. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has dismissed circulating social media claims regarding plans to introduce ₦5,000 and ₦10,000 banknotes. The bank firmly described these rumours as false and misleading.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has dismissed claims that it has introduced new N5,000 and N10,000 notes, labeling the reports as false.
CBN REFUTES ₦5,000 AND ₦10,000 BANKNOTE RUMOURS.

Recent images and videos showing these purported high-value notes sparked public speculation. However, the CBN has issued an official statement categorically denying such plans. Nigerians are urged to disregard this misinformation and rely on official channels for trustworthy updates.

CBN Denies Introducing N5,000

CBN Denies Introducing N5,000

This is not the first time rumours of new denominations have surfaced. A proposed ₦5,000 note in 2012 faced major opposition and was abandoned. Similarly, a video in 2020 falsely claimed the existence of ₦2,000 and ₦5,000 notes. This was debunked by the CBN and fact-checkers.

Committed to its mandate of ensuring monetary and price stability, the CBN remains focused on its mission. The public is advised to verify currency-related information through credible sources to avoid being misled by unverified social media posts.

For reliable updates, stay tuned to official communications from the CBN.

Continue Reading

Crime

Natasha Makes U-Turn On Senate Ordeals, Reveals Why

Published

on

By

High Court Adjourns

Natasha Makes U-Turn On Senate Ordeals, Reveals Why

Natasha Akpoti makes U-turn on Senate ordeals, reveals why. I Was Removed Because of LNG Plants, Not S3xual Harrasment

Opinion: When you know you have no evidence and very soon you’ll be facing a judge in a N250 billion law suit without a single shred. Without one hair strand of evidence. (c)

Unfortunately It’s too late to say I am sorry!

– Natasha Akpoti Makes U-turn on Senate Ordeals

Natasha Akpoti has once again changed her narrative regarding her political challenges, now claiming that her removal was due to the LNG plants she allegedly facilitated in Kogi State, rather than the earlier allegations of s3xual harassment.

Speaking at her rally today, she accused Senate President Godswill Akpabio and former Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello of conspiring to have her eliminated in Kogi.

This latest claim comes despite the Ministry of Petroleum denying her involvement in the facilitation of any LNG projects, which the ministry claimed was cited due to existing plants and pipeline projects in Ajaokuta.

Her statements have been met with widespread skepticism, particularly on Facebook, where many users criticized her for inconsistencies and probable emotional blackmails in her story.

High Court Adjourns

Natasha Makes U-Turn

Previously, Natasha had alleged that she was targeted over s3xual harassment concerns against the Senate president, Godswill Akpabio, a claim that fueled public sympathy.

However, her sudden shift in position has led to accusations of political blackmail against the Senate leadership and the Kogi State government.

Her speech today has reignited debates over her credibility, with critics pointing to a pattern of shifting narratives depending on public sentiment.

Many observers believe that Natasha’s allegations are aimed at gaining sympathy ahead of upcoming political battles.

Continue Reading

Trending