Connect with us

Politics

Ondo: Constituents Threaten To Recall Senator Over Alleged Non-Performance 

Published

on

Borno Senator Monguno

Ondo: Constituents Threaten To Recall Senator Over Alleged Non-Performance

Constituents threaten to recall senator over alleged non-performance . Mr Eniafe accused Mr Ipinsagba of misrepresentation and failure to prioritise the empowerment and development of youths in his area.

Constituents of Senator Jide Ipinsagba representing Ondo North Senatorial District in the National Assembly have threatened to recall him over alleged non-performance and failure to execute any meaningful projects in the constituency.

The constituents, under the aegis of Ondo North Youth Alliance, accused Mr Ipinsagba of not attending to the development and needs of the constituency since his inauguration to represent the axis two years ago.

The constituents, who threatened to commence the mobilising of registered voters’ signatures in the senatorial district to initiate the recall process of Mr Ipinsagba, also accused the federal lawmaker of being insensitive to the rising insecurity caused by cultists in Ondo North, particularly Owo town.

Addressing journalists in Akure, the leader of the constituents, Ojo Eniafe, alleged that the senator had been inaccessible since his inauguration.
Mr Eniafe accused Mr Ipinsagba of misrepresentation and failure to prioritise the empowerment and development of youths in his area.

“If the senator (Ipinsagba) fails to deliver the dividends of democracy, we are fully resolved to initiate a recall process for the senator within the confines of the law. This is not an empty threat. In Ondo North Senatorial District, we have over 500,000 youths who are united under this leadership to ensure progress and accountability. If the senator refuses to change, we will take the necessary steps to remove him from office,” he said on Monday.

He stated that Mr Ipinsagba should immediately address some of the challenges confronting the people of the Ondo North.

Stating that some of the problems confronting the constituents included insecurity, youth inclusiveness, and underperformance, Mr Eniafe said Mr Ipinsagba should show signs of responsibility to his constituents.

“The senator’s silence on these issues is deafening and shows his lack of concern and care about the welfare and safety of his constituents. As youths, we are tired of living in fear and uncertainty. We demand that Senator Ipinsagba show a modicum of responsibility to the wishes and aspirations of our senatorial district by playing a pivotal role and collaborating with institutions to ensure that his constituents are safe.

“A little show of concern can be the deal breaker. We are poised to ensure that our communities, local government, and the entire senatorial district are safe and secure,” he added.

Ondo

Ondo

 

 

Efforts by newsmen to reach Mr Ipinsagba to comment on the allegations were futile but one of his aides who spoke on condition of anonymity said that the lawmaker’s scorecard was in the public for all to see.

“The scorecard of the senator is in the public domain. We don’t want to join issues with our constituents as some of them are being sponsored, but we will reply to them at an appropriate time,” he said.

News

Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan Challenges Enugu West Colleague Over Deleted WhatsApp Messages

Published

on

By

Senator Natasha Akpoti Posts TikTok Video

Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan Challenges Enugu West Colleague Over Deleted WhatsApp Messages

Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan challenges Enugu West colleague over deleted whatsApp messages. A mild drama has ensued among members of the Nigerian Senate following an open confrontation between Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central and her male colleague, Senator Osita Ngwu, representing Enugu West Senatorial District.
Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan, in a post shared on her verified Facebook page on Sunday, accused Senator Ngwu of deleting her comments on the Senate WhatsApp group created for Senators.

In the post, she wrote, “Dear Senator Osita Ngwu of Enugu West Senatorial District, You will open responses in the Senators WhatsApp forum and repost my deleted comments. Else I’ll bring the discussion to the public domain.”

The Senator’s public statement immediately drew reactions online, with many netizens speculating about the nature of the deleted comments and the issue that led to the exchange.

While Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan did not specify the content of the deleted messages, her warning that she would “bring the discussion to the public domain” suggested that the matter could extend beyond internal party or Senate communication boundaries.

Senator Natasha Akpoti Posts TikTok Video

Senator Natasha Akpoti

As of the time of filing this report, Senator Ngwu was yet to respond publicly to the accusation, and the Senate leadership has also not issued any statement regarding the matter.
Observers said the episode underscored growing tension and transparency concerns within the upper legislative chamber’s private communication channels.

Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has been known for her outspoken stance on issues of governance and accountability, while Senator Ngwu also represents the PDP under the Enugu West Senatorial District.

Whether the disagreement will escalate into a formal dispute within the Senate remained to be seen.

Continue Reading

News

Omokri Who Called President Tinubu Drug Lord Praises Him For Ambassadorial Nomination

Published

on

By

Tinubu Has Taught Me Forgiveness

Omokri Who Called President Tinubu Drug Lord Praises Him For Ambassadorial Nomination

Omokri who called President Tinubu drug lord praises him for ambassadorial nomination. Mr Omokri said, “The President has taught me the meaning of forgiveness and has helped me better understand what patriotism entails.”

One of the ambassadorial nominees, Reno Omokri, has showed praises on President Bola Tinubu for the nomination.

Mr Omokri was an ardent critic of Mr Tinubu and in one of his attacks on the president called him a drug lord barely three years ago.

He has since become a praise-singer of the Tinubu government, publicising the administration’s economic reforms to opposition political parties and critics alike.

Mr Omokri, in an appreciation message over his nomination on Sunday, lauded Mr Tinubu, saying “The President has taught me the meaning of forgiveness and has helped me better understand what patriotism entails.

“In short, Christlikeness is  demonstrated in him. He is the right man, at the right time, for the right job, and deserves the right hand of fellowship from all Nigerians.”

Amid debates on Mr Tinubu’s forfeiture of fund in drug trafficking related case to  U.S. authorities in 2022, Mr Omokri called Mr Tinubu a “known drug lord.”

Omokri Who Called President Tinubu Drug Lord

Omokri Who Called President Tinubu Drug Lord

“The bigger issue with Tinubu is not his certificates, or lack of them. It is the fact that he is a known drug lord, involved in a heroin drug cartel in the US and forfeited millions in drug funds. As any lawyer will tell you, a forfeiture is an admission of guilt,” Mr Omokri tweeted.
The videos of the event resurfaced online immediately Mr Omokri’s name appeared among the list of the ambassadorial nominees.

As a media aide to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Mr Omokri was exposed for creating a fake X handle, Wendell Simlin, in an attempt to link a former Central Bank governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, to Boko Haram.

Continue Reading

News

Tinubu To Obasanjo: Terrorism Grew During Your Tenure, Stop Undermining Efforts To Tackle Insecurity If You Can’t Offer Help

Published

on

By

Tinubu Hails Obasanjo

Tinubu To Obasanjo: Terrorism Grew During Your Tenure, Stop Undermining Efforts To Tackle Insecurity If You Can’t Offer Help

Tinubu to Obasanjo: Terrorism grew during your tenure, stop undermining efforts to tackle insecurity if you can’t offer help. Mr Tinubu said a good statesman supports efforts to combat terrorism and not disparage the country.

President Bola Tinubu has berated former President Olusegun Obasanjo as a fake statesman for urging Nigerians to seek international help to combat terrorism.

He noted that terrorism grew during the administration of the ex-president.
Mr Tinubu, in a statement by his spokesperson, Sunday Dare, called Mr Obasanjo a “psuedo statesman,” adding that “Recent comments by a former President attempting to paint the Tinubu administration as unable to protect Nigerians are not merely hypocritical but ignoble.”

He added, “Terrorism took root on Mr Obasanjo’s watch and grew because it was not stopped. It is historical fact that the ideological foundations and early cells of Boko Haram were incubated during Obasanjo’s civilian presidency. While they recruited, indoctrinated, built camps, and flaunted authority, the state failed to act decisively.”

Mr Tinubu said a good statesman supports efforts to combat terrorism and not disparage the country, giving terrorists psychological support.

He stated, “When former leaders disparage the nation’s capacity, they hand psychological victories to the very terrorists murdering, kidnapping and extorting Nigerians – terrorising Nigerians in plain language. A real statesman offers support, not soundbites.”

Highlighting his administration’s efforts to combat terrorism, Mr Tinubu said, “If Obasanjo wishes to help, he should acknowledge the past  failures that allowed terrorists to gain a foothold, and then support ongoing efforts, not undermine them. Let him put his position and connections at Nigeria’s disposal like he has done for other countries. Not seek to put down an administration that is fully engaging in many fronts.”

Tinubu To Obasanjo

Tinubu To Obasanjo

On Saturday, Mr Obasanjo during a public programme in Jos, Plateau State, said Nigerians could seek help from other countries as the Tinubu administration was incapable of protecting them against terrorists.

Mr Obasanjo said, “No matter the religion you belong to, where you come from and your profession, we, Nigerians, are being killed. And our government seems to be incapable of protecting us. We are part of the world’s community. If our government cannot do it, we have a right to call on international community to do for us what our government cannot do for us.”

Continue Reading

Trending