Economy
FG To Review MTN’s $2.2bn IHS Towers Acquisition Deal: Bosun Tijani
FG To Review MTN’s $2.2bn IHS Towers Acquisition Deal: Bosun Tijani
FG to review MTN’s $2.2bn IHS towers acquisition deal: Bosun Tijani. Bosun Tijani, minister of communications, innovation and digital economy, says the government is assessing MTN Group’s acquisition of IHS Towers to ensure the deal aligns with Nigeria’s telecommunications development goals.
Earlier today, MTN Group said it has agreed to acquire the remaining 75.3 percent stake in IHS Holding Limited in an all-cash deal valued at $2.2 billion.

MTN
Tijani, in a statement on Tuesday, said the administration of President Bola Tinubu has spent the past two years strengthening the telecom sector through policy clarity, regulatory support, and engagement with industry stakeholders, boosting investor confidence and sector performance.
Details Loading >>>
Economy
Media Team Commission Key Intervention Projects In Benue, As Infrastructure Push Gain Momentum
Media Team Commission Key Intervention Projects In Benue, As Infrastructure Push Gain Momentum
Media team commission key intervention projects in Benue, as infrastructure push gain momentum. The Federal Ministry of Works has concluded its Media Tour and Commissioning of Emergency/Special Intervention Projects in Benue State with the commissioning of key emergency and special intervention projects executed under the Renewed Hope Agenda of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR.
The tour, which forms part of the Ministry’s strategic effort to showcase progress on enhancing infrastructure and transportation as catalysts for national growth, covered several projects across the state, including the Katsina Ala–Takum, Katsina Ala–Calabar (Ushongo and Atihi), Old Makurdi–Wukari, Otukpo-Oshegbudu-Oweto, and the Makurdi-Otukpo-9th Mile-Enugu Roads. The rehabilitated sections of some of these roads were among the Federal Government’s special interventions aimed at addressing failures across the various alignments, improving connectivity, and stimulating socio-economic development.
At the Rehabilitation of the Katsina Ala–Takum Road, the Federal Controller of Works, Benue State, Engr. Mukaila Danladi, provided a detailed technical update on the project. He disclosed that work has progressed significantly, reaching binder and sub-base levels, with preparations underway for the execution of hydraulic structures. He further identified key challenges initially encountered by the contractor, Messrs Gerawa Global Engineering (Nigeria) Limited, including security concerns and operational constraints related to construction equipment, noting, however, that these issues are being addressed to sustain steady progress.
At Ushongo and Atihi communities, along the Katsina Ala–Calabar Road, where emergency repairs had been completed, the Controller explained that a 100-metre line drain has been constructed to mitigate persistent flooding that previously submerged the carriageway, causing severe washouts and restraining traffic. He noted that the corridor remains a critical route for the movement of agricultural produce and mineral resources, passing through key economic centers.
Providing professional validation on the completed interventions and the ongoing projects visited, representatives of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) commended the Federal Government for the quality of work delivered, as well as the pace and quality of ongoing works. “The levels of work delivered and ongoing reflect a strong commitment to engineering standards, safety, and long-term durability,” they attested.
Representing the Honourable Minister of Works, Senator Engineer David Umahi, CON, FNSE, FNATE, the Chairman of the Benue State Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Comrade Vincent Nyinongu, formally commissioned the Emergency and Special Intervention Projects, confirming the Federal Government’s resolve to prioritise infrastructure that directly impacts livelihoods by connecting people, goods, and services.
At a critically failed section in Agasha town, within Guma Local Government Area, flood mitigation and special repair works on the Old Makurdi–Wukari Road were also commissioned, further underscoring the administration’s responsiveness to climate-related infrastructure challenges.
Another emergency work commissioned was the Flood Mitigation and Repairs at KM 19 ( Ushongo) and KM 35 (Atihi) along the Katsina Ala – Calabar Road, a vital economic corridor supporting the transportation of agricultural produce and solid minerals from Benue State to other parts of the country. The project involves extensive pavement works and drainage infrastructure designed to improve durability and ensure all-weather accessibility and mobility.
The tour also covered the Dualisation of the Makurdi–Otukpo–9th Mile-Enugu Road, a route that has endured years of neglect despite its national importance. The Ministry stated that the current administration has prioritised the project due to its strategic relevance and the need to end decades of hardship experienced by motorists and communities on the corridor.
The Ministry emphasised that the extreme conditions previously observed on the road characterised by hazardous failures and stationary articulated vehicles, necessitated the rehabilitation of the existing carriageway and the construction of another. Ongoing works on the corridor have now gathered momentum, reflecting the administration’s renewed commitment to infrastructure delivery.
Giving further technical details on the project, the FCW disclosed that work commenced on 1 February, 2024, following the resolution of initial constraints, including security challenges, right-of-way acquisition, and relocation of utilities. He confirmed that the Benue State Government has achieved 100% acquisition of the right of way, while relocation of utilities has reached approximately 98%, enabling unhindered construction activities.
According to him, significant achievements have been recorded with over 48% completion status, indicating that delivery remains on track.
Corroborating this progress, Engr. Tijani Olalekan, representing the contractor, China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC), reaffirmed the company’s commitment to the timely execution and excellent completion of the contract. “The pace of work reflects our dedication to meeting the project’s timelines. We have achieved substantial progress on binder and wearing courses, while hydraulic structures are being completed across multiple locations,” he asserted.
He added that most of the earlier challenges have been effectively addressed, particularly with the support of the state government in facilitating right-of-way acquisition and utility relocation.
As a further demonstration of intergovernmental collaboration, the Federal Ministry of Works acknowledged with much gratitude the approval granted by the Benue State Government for the payment of compensation related to the Buruku Bridge project. It expressed appreciation for the gesture, noting that such cooperation is essential for the seamless execution of infrastructure projects across the states of the Federation.
This was at the site of construction work on the Buruku Bridge over the River Kastina Ala, linking Benue and Taraba States. The Project Manager, Messrs Setraco (Nigeria) Limited expressed optimism that with the payment of compensation, “the work will gather a renewed momentum,” he assured the visiting team.
The nationwide media tour is not only a platform for showcasing capability and accountability but also an opportunity to reinforce public confidence in the Federal Government’s commitment to delivering durable and impactful infrastructure.
The successful completion and ongoing execution of these projects underscore a clear and consistent policy direction focused on national integration, economic growth, and improved quality of life for all.
Economy
Uba Sani: Access To Electricity Will No Longer Be Privilege In Kaduna
Uba Sani: Access To Electricity Will No Longer Be Privilege In Kaduna
Uba Sani: Access to electricity will no longer be privilege in Kaduna. ’We are sending a clear message that access to energy must no longer be the privilege of a few urban centres,” said the governor.
Governor Uba Sani has said that the central focus of his electrification drive is to boost economic activities and strengthen small and medium enterprises.
He disclosed this at the flag-off of phase one of the distribution of 600 transformers and accessories across the 23 local governments and the deployment of 10,000 solar-powered street lights.
Speaking at the ceremony, the governor said, ‘’We are enabling welders, tailors, cold-room operators, ICT hubs, and manufacturers to operate with dignity and predictability.
‘’We are sending a clear message that access to energy must no longer be the privilege of a few urban centres but the right of every community.
The Kaduna governor added that electricity was not a luxury but the bloodstream of modern society.
The governor pointed out that electricity powers hospitals and preserves vaccines, lights classrooms and expands the horizons of children, as well as ‘’drives our industries, irrigates our farms, and sustains the small businesses that form the backbone of our economy”.
According to the governor, without reliable power, development is stunted, security is weakened, and opportunity is constrained.
Mr Sani disclosed that his administration had completed some abandoned power projects and initiated new ones since he assumed office close to three years ago.
‘’In the health sector, under the previously stalled Indian-Exim Bank initiative, we completed solar mini-grid installations in 190 out of 225 Primary Health Care Centres, delivering 1.35 megawatts of clean energy.
‘’We restored 32 abandoned systems; 21 in PHCs and 11 in General Hospitals. The result has been tangible: improved service delivery and a measurable reduction in maternal and child mortality,’’ he added.
The governor also said that his administration has ‘’completed the long-abandoned 2x60MVA, 132/33kV Substation at the Green Economic Zone in Maraban Jos”.
He argued that the substation is more than infrastructure, adding that it is an industrial catalyst which ‘’unlocks investment potential, stimulates manufacturing, and positions Kaduna as a competitive economic hub”.
“In Kubau Local Government Area, the Damau solar model, delivering 100 kilowatts, has ended a decade of darkness for 450 households. Additional distributed generation projects totalling 1,694 kilowatts are underway in Chara, Gidan Kundi, Gora, and Hawan Mai Mashi,’’ he promised.
Mr Sani also listed the electricity projects that his government has executed in the three senatorial districts since he assumed office two and half years ago.
“In Zone one, we rehabilitated distribution networks stretching from Maraban Kubau to Kubau, from Makarfi through Tashan Icce and Tashan Yari and from Lere to Saminaka and Unguwan Bawa,’’ he said.
According to the governor, Zaria, Sabon-Gari, and Kudan towns in zone one have each benefited from multiple transformer installations.
‘’In zone two, several transformer installations and network rehabilitations have strengthened supply resilience across multiple communities,’’ he added.
The governor disclosed that his administration had rehabilitated critical lines from Kagarko Junction to Manchok in zone three.
He equally said that thr Kaduna state government has restored high and low-tension networks in Unguwan Magata and Unguwan Doh; intervened in Ramai Gida and Jaba local government.
According to the governor, he has extended rehabilitation from Jagindi Junction to Gwado-Gwado, restored the Gada-Biyu to Kogun River corridor spanning 69 kilometres.
His administration has also ‘’completed major works along the Tafa-Jere-Kagarko high-tension line with associated transformers and accessories’’ in zone three.

Kaduna State Government
The governor also disclosed that a landmark memorandum of understanding was signed on October 22, 2025, with the Rural Electrification Agency, adding that his administration is advancing a 1.5-megawatt project for Kaduna Polytechnic and an eight-megawatt allocation for Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
‘’We are developing urban generation projects, including a 2-megawatt initiative in the TRAPCO community,’’ he said. “We are also planning two megawatts for Shika and four megawatts in Makarfi to boost local manufacturing.’’
Economy
NNPC Presents Safety By Design Award To Ørsted At International Energy Week 2026
NNPC Presents Safety By Design Award To Ørsted At International Energy Week 2026
NNPC presents safety by design award to Ørsted at International Energy Week 2026. Adesua Dozie, General Counsel/Secretary to the NNPC Ltd. Board, presented the Safety by Design Award to Ørsted at the International Energy Week, held in London from 10 to 12 February 2026.
The award went to Ørsted’s Cargo Drone Lifting project. This system uses automated drones to deliver tools and equipment to offshore wind turbine locations that are hard to reach.
It removes the need for workers to climb or handle loads manually, which cuts out high-risk cargo transfers at height.

NNPC
The International Energy Week brings together policymakers, industry leaders, investors, regulators, technology developers, and experts to discuss energy security, transition plans, investment, and sustainability.
-
Crime10 months agoKogi Assembly Considers Law To Regulate Rent, Establish Control Board: Tenancy Law
-
News11 months agoAtiku Reveals Why He Failed To Pick Wike As Running Mate In 2023
-
Akwa Ibom1 year agoThe Apostolic Church Gets New Territorial Chairman, Exco
-
Crime1 year agoFederal High Court Jails 2 For Vandalizing Transformer, Telecom Mast In Kogi
-
News1 year agoThe Apostolic Church Gets New National President, Executive
-
Akwa Ibom1 year agoUmo Eno Commences Payment Of 80,000 Naira Minimum Wage With Arrears
-
News12 months agoSenator Natasha Returns To Senate With Husband Amid Seat Dispute
-
Economy9 months agoKiyosaki: Is Tinubu’s Government Afraid Of Ibrahim Traore?
