Connect with us

Crime

Kano NSCDC Nabs 11 Suspected Hoodlums With Dangerous Weapons

Published

on

NSCDC

Kano NSCDC Nabs 11 Suspected Hoodlums With Dangerous Weapons

Kano NSCDC nabs 11 suspected hoodlums with dangerous weapons. According to Mr Idris-Abdullahi, the suspects were arrested on Wednesday at about 1:00 a.m.

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Kano State command, says it has arrested a gang of 11 suspected hoodlums found in possession of dangerous weapons in Mariri, Kumbotso Local Government Area.

This is contained in a statement issued on Friday in Kano by the command’s public relations officer, SC Ibrahim Idris-Abdullahi.
He listed the suspects as Idris Muhammad,20, Abubakar Shuaibu,24, Sagiru Hassan Yusuf, 25,  Idris Muhammad Morata, 25, and Anas Rabiu, 23.
Others were Yahaya Muhammad, 29, Khalid Idris, 28, Muhammad Adamu, 19, Muktar Auwal Muktar ,22, Salim Muktar, 18, and Saifullahi Nuhu,18.
According to Mr Idris-Abdullahi, operatives of the command apprehended the suspects on Wednesday at about 1:00 a.m, armed with dangerous local weapons.

NSCDC

NSCDC

“The gang was on a rampage after attending a local traditional festival in Mariri area and were attacking residents  and dispossessing them of their belongings.
“The gang also stormed a nearby NSCDC outpost in Mariri, attacked and left a staff fractured in the office” he said
Idris-Abdullahi listed the items recovered to include six cutlasses, swords and a pair of scissors.

He added that the command’s intelligence and investigation department had concluded investigations and the suspects would be charged to court.

Idris-Abdullahi quoted the state commandant, Mohammed Hassan-Agalama, as reaffirming the command’s commitment to tackling criminal activities, protecting critical national assets and safeguarding public peace in Kano State.

Crime

EFCC Releases Ex-AGF Malami After Hours Of Interrogation

Published

on

By

EFCC Releases Ex-AGF Malami After Hours Of Interrogation

EFCC Releases Ex-AGF Malami After Hours Of Interrogation

EFCC releases ex-AGF Malami after hours of interrogation. He said he would return for further questioning.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has released the former attorney general of the federation and minister of justice, Abubakar Malami, after hours of interrogation by the anti-graft team.

Mr Malami confirmed his release in his X account on Saturday. The former minister said that he had been released and scheduled for another meeting with investigators.
He said that the reality behind the “fabricated allegations” levelled against him would become clearer with time.

“In line with my undertaking to keep Nigerians updated on my invitation by EFCC, I give glory to Allah for his divine intervention. “The engagement was successful and I am eventually released while on an appointment for further engagement as the truth relating to the fabricated allegations against me continues to unfold.”

EFCC Releases Ex-AGF Malami After Hours Of Interrogation

EFCC Releases Ex-AGF Malami After Hours Of Interrogation

The EFCC had summoned Mr Malami through a letter dated November 24, and signed by Sunday Ofen-Imu on behalf of its chairman, Ola Olukoyede.

The EFCC did not disclose the specific allegations for which Mr Malami was invited.

Continue Reading

Crime

Lagos Police Nab 26 Over Counterfeit Currency, Adulterated Diesel

Published

on

By

Police

Lagos Police Nab 26 Over Counterfeit Currency, Adulterated Diesel

Lagos Police nab 26 over counterfeit currency, adulterated diesel. The police said N951,300 in counterfeit notes was recovered from the suspects’ premises during the raid.

The police command in Lagos has apprehended 26 suspects over counterfeit currency and adulterated diesel in the Eti-Osa and Lekki areas. The command spokesperson, SP Abimbola Adebisi, confirmed this in a statement on Friday.

She said the suspects were apprehended on Thursday afternoon during a joint operation conducted by police officers and officials of the Kick Against Indiscipline.

According to her, a total of N951,300 in counterfeit notes was recovered from the suspects’ premises during the raid.

The spokesperson said investigations revealed that four of the suspects were directly involved in the production and distribution of adulterated diesel and engine oil, locally known as ‘rice and beans’.

“The illicit product was sold to unsuspecting motorists across the area. Two other suspects were identified as suppliers of the adulterated petroleum products,” she said.

Police

Police Arrests

Ms Adebisi said that police commissioner Olohundare Jimoh warned all criminally minded individuals to desist from their nefarious activities.

“CP Jimoh cautioned that anyone involved in acts that threaten public peace or economic stability will face the full weight of the law,” she said.

She assured residents that Lagos remains safe, reiterating that the command is in control of the security situation and has prioritised the safety and well-being of all residents.

She urged the public to provide credible and timely information that could assist the police in apprehending criminals and preventing crime.

“Public cooperation remains essential to sustaining the peace and security for which Lagos state is known,” she said.

Continue Reading

Crime

Abductions: President Tinubu Orders Total Security Cordon On Kwara Forests

Published

on

By

President Tinubu To Address World Leaders At 80th UNGA September 24

Abductions: President Tinubu Orders Total Security Cordon On Kwara Forests

Abductions: President Tinubu orders total security cordon on Kwara forests. Mr Tinubu instructed the Nigerian Air Force to expand air surveillance in the innermost parts of forests in Kwara.

President Bola Tinubu on Tuesday ordered a comprehensive security cordon on forests in Kwara and other states following recent killings and abductions by armed bandits.

Mr Tinubu instructed the Nigerian Air Force to expand air surveillance across the innermost parts of the forests in Kwara, where terrorists were believed to be hiding, a statement by his media aide, Sunday Dare, said.

“President Tinubu directed the air force to expand its air surveillance across the innermost parts of the forests in Kwara State, where it is believed the terrorists are hiding. They are to maintain a 24-hour surveillance and link up with the boots on the ground,” the statement read.

Mr Tinubu said the directive also applies to Kebbi and Niger States, urging communities to provide timely information about any strange movements or activities to aid the work of the security forces.
The directive came amid a wave of attacks in different parts of the country, raising widespread concerns about the safety of residents.

President Tinubu To Address World Leaders At 80th UNGA September 24

President Tinubu

Peoples Gazette reported that 38 church worshippers were abducted in Eruku, Ekiti LGA of Kwara, last week. The captives were later rescued on Sunday, following the combined efforts of the military and the state security service.

On Monday, armed bandits also stormed the Isapa community in the same local government, kidnapping no fewer than eleven residents.

Continue Reading

Trending