Connect with us

Crime

Minister Of Defence Badaru Says “Soldiers On Lawful Duty Will Be Protected”

Published

on

Defence Minister Mohammed Badaru

Minister Of Defence Badaru Says “Soldiers On Lawful Duty Will Be Protected”

Minister of defence Badaru says “Soldiers on lawful duty will be protected”. Mohammed Badaru, minister of defence, says the federal government and military leadership will safeguard all soldiers engaged in lawful duties.

Badaru made the remark on Wednesday in Abuja during a ministerial press briefing ahead of the 2026 Armed Forces Remembrance Day.

His comment followed Tuesday’s  confrontation between Nyesom Wike, minister of the federal capital territory (FCT), and some military officers reportedly acting on the orders of a former chief of naval staff.

“Well, at the Ministry, and indeed in the Armed Forces, we will always protect our officers on lawful duty,” NAN quoted Badaru as saying.
“So, we are looking into this issue, and we assure you that any officer on lawful duty will be highly protected.
“We will not allow anything to happen to him as long as he is doing his job, and he is doing his job very well.”

On Tuesday, videos surfaced online showing Wike in a heated argument with a military official at a site.
In the footage, Wike is seen stepping in to defuse the situation, separating his security detail from the soldiers as tempers flared.

Speaking with the officers, the minister demanded to see the approval granted to the “owners” of the land.
A soldier, who appeared to be the leader of the group, said the officers were not intimidating anyone, adding that the owner of the land had all the necessary documents.

Defence Minister Mohammed Badaru

Defence Minister Mohammed Badaru

“On the contrary, sir, we are not intimidating anybody. The papers are complete, and he said he has submitted them.”

The incident has since sparked widespread reactions online, with many Nigerians questioning the role of the military in the standoff and calling for clarity on the ownership and status of the contested land.

Crime

EFCC Releases Ex-AGF Malami After Hours Of Interrogation

Published

on

By

EFCC Releases Ex-AGF Malami After Hours Of Interrogation

EFCC Releases Ex-AGF Malami After Hours Of Interrogation

EFCC releases ex-AGF Malami after hours of interrogation. He said he would return for further questioning.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has released the former attorney general of the federation and minister of justice, Abubakar Malami, after hours of interrogation by the anti-graft team.

Mr Malami confirmed his release in his X account on Saturday. The former minister said that he had been released and scheduled for another meeting with investigators.
He said that the reality behind the “fabricated allegations” levelled against him would become clearer with time.

“In line with my undertaking to keep Nigerians updated on my invitation by EFCC, I give glory to Allah for his divine intervention. “The engagement was successful and I am eventually released while on an appointment for further engagement as the truth relating to the fabricated allegations against me continues to unfold.”

EFCC Releases Ex-AGF Malami After Hours Of Interrogation

EFCC Releases Ex-AGF Malami After Hours Of Interrogation

The EFCC had summoned Mr Malami through a letter dated November 24, and signed by Sunday Ofen-Imu on behalf of its chairman, Ola Olukoyede.

The EFCC did not disclose the specific allegations for which Mr Malami was invited.

Continue Reading

Crime

Kano NSCDC Nabs 11 Suspected Hoodlums With Dangerous Weapons

Published

on

By

NSCDC

Kano NSCDC Nabs 11 Suspected Hoodlums With Dangerous Weapons

Kano NSCDC nabs 11 suspected hoodlums with dangerous weapons. According to Mr Idris-Abdullahi, the suspects were arrested on Wednesday at about 1:00 a.m.

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Kano State command, says it has arrested a gang of 11 suspected hoodlums found in possession of dangerous weapons in Mariri, Kumbotso Local Government Area.

This is contained in a statement issued on Friday in Kano by the command’s public relations officer, SC Ibrahim Idris-Abdullahi.
He listed the suspects as Idris Muhammad,20, Abubakar Shuaibu,24, Sagiru Hassan Yusuf, 25,  Idris Muhammad Morata, 25, and Anas Rabiu, 23.
Others were Yahaya Muhammad, 29, Khalid Idris, 28, Muhammad Adamu, 19, Muktar Auwal Muktar ,22, Salim Muktar, 18, and Saifullahi Nuhu,18.
According to Mr Idris-Abdullahi, operatives of the command apprehended the suspects on Wednesday at about 1:00 a.m, armed with dangerous local weapons.

NSCDC

NSCDC

“The gang was on a rampage after attending a local traditional festival in Mariri area and were attacking residents  and dispossessing them of their belongings.
“The gang also stormed a nearby NSCDC outpost in Mariri, attacked and left a staff fractured in the office” he said
Idris-Abdullahi listed the items recovered to include six cutlasses, swords and a pair of scissors.

He added that the command’s intelligence and investigation department had concluded investigations and the suspects would be charged to court.

Idris-Abdullahi quoted the state commandant, Mohammed Hassan-Agalama, as reaffirming the command’s commitment to tackling criminal activities, protecting critical national assets and safeguarding public peace in Kano State.

Continue Reading

Crime

Lagos Police Nab 26 Over Counterfeit Currency, Adulterated Diesel

Published

on

By

Police

Lagos Police Nab 26 Over Counterfeit Currency, Adulterated Diesel

Lagos Police nab 26 over counterfeit currency, adulterated diesel. The police said N951,300 in counterfeit notes was recovered from the suspects’ premises during the raid.

The police command in Lagos has apprehended 26 suspects over counterfeit currency and adulterated diesel in the Eti-Osa and Lekki areas. The command spokesperson, SP Abimbola Adebisi, confirmed this in a statement on Friday.

She said the suspects were apprehended on Thursday afternoon during a joint operation conducted by police officers and officials of the Kick Against Indiscipline.

According to her, a total of N951,300 in counterfeit notes was recovered from the suspects’ premises during the raid.

The spokesperson said investigations revealed that four of the suspects were directly involved in the production and distribution of adulterated diesel and engine oil, locally known as ‘rice and beans’.

“The illicit product was sold to unsuspecting motorists across the area. Two other suspects were identified as suppliers of the adulterated petroleum products,” she said.

Police

Police Arrests

Ms Adebisi said that police commissioner Olohundare Jimoh warned all criminally minded individuals to desist from their nefarious activities.

“CP Jimoh cautioned that anyone involved in acts that threaten public peace or economic stability will face the full weight of the law,” she said.

She assured residents that Lagos remains safe, reiterating that the command is in control of the security situation and has prioritised the safety and well-being of all residents.

She urged the public to provide credible and timely information that could assist the police in apprehending criminals and preventing crime.

“Public cooperation remains essential to sustaining the peace and security for which Lagos state is known,” she said.

Continue Reading

Trending