Crime
Katsina Community Residents Says “Bandits Now Protecting Us Against External Attacks”
Katsina Community Residents Says “Bandits Now Protecting Us Against External Attacks”
Katsina community residents says “Bandits now protecting us against external attacks”. Mr Mohammad described the present moment as a bumper harvest period because many have returned to their farms after abandoning them for a very long time due to the insecurity
Following the peace agreement in the Jibia Local Government Area of Katsina, bandits terrorising the communities have now resorted to protecting the residents from external attacks.
Abubakar Mohammad, a resident of Magama community, who disclosed this in an interview with journalists on Sunday, expressed appreciation for the relative peace being enjoyed in the area.
Narrating how peace returned to their communities, Mr Mohammad recalled that about six months ago, there was a peace agreement with the bandits.
The resident observed that since then, they have not recorded any case of bandits’ attack on communities across the area.
He said, “Most of these bandits, we know them, we stay in the same area with some of them, some we were even friends before they decided to isolate themselves.
“But we thank God since they have decided to embrace peace on their own. Some of them now come to the market, but you will never see them carrying guns.
“When you go to the forest, you will see them with their guns protecting us from external attacks, especially from Zamfara or other Local Government Areas yet to embrace the dialogue.”
Mr Mohammad described the present moment as a bumper harvest period because many have returned to their farms after abandoning them for a very long time due to the insecurity.
Another resident of the area, Uzairu Rabiu, excitedly said, “For the past five to six months now, there have been no reports of attacks by the bandits; therefore, we’re happy.
“However, our major concern now is the lack of proper drainage. Recently, about 50 houses were affected by a flood in the Bagaruwa ward. “I’m appealing to the state government, our national and state assembly members, to do the needful. We’re happy that banditry is gone, but the flood is now our problem.”

Bandits Now Protecting Us Against External Attacks
Also speaking at a joint security committee meeting, the secretary of Jibia People’s Forum, Zubairu Sani, noted with happiness that the peace was achieved through the support of various stakeholders in the area.
Mr Sani, while revealing that the bandits requested the peace accord, also commended Governor Dikko Radda for his commitment to the fight against insecurity.
Jibia, a border community with the Niger Republic, was among the areas seriously hit by the activities of bandits, stopping them from farming, going to school and other business activities.
However, with the recent peace accord between the community and the bandits, hundreds of Internally Displaced People (IDPs) have returned to their ancestral homes.
Crime
EFCC Releases Ex-AGF Malami After Hours Of Interrogation
EFCC Releases Ex-AGF Malami After Hours Of Interrogation
EFCC releases ex-AGF Malami after hours of interrogation. He said he would return for further questioning.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has released the former attorney general of the federation and minister of justice, Abubakar Malami, after hours of interrogation by the anti-graft team.
Mr Malami confirmed his release in his X account on Saturday. The former minister said that he had been released and scheduled for another meeting with investigators.
He said that the reality behind the “fabricated allegations” levelled against him would become clearer with time.
“In line with my undertaking to keep Nigerians updated on my invitation by EFCC, I give glory to Allah for his divine intervention. “The engagement was successful and I am eventually released while on an appointment for further engagement as the truth relating to the fabricated allegations against me continues to unfold.”

EFCC Releases Ex-AGF Malami After Hours Of Interrogation
The EFCC had summoned Mr Malami through a letter dated November 24, and signed by Sunday Ofen-Imu on behalf of its chairman, Ola Olukoyede.
The EFCC did not disclose the specific allegations for which Mr Malami was invited.
Crime
Kano NSCDC Nabs 11 Suspected Hoodlums With Dangerous Weapons
Kano NSCDC Nabs 11 Suspected Hoodlums With Dangerous Weapons
Kano NSCDC nabs 11 suspected hoodlums with dangerous weapons. According to Mr Idris-Abdullahi, the suspects were arrested on Wednesday at about 1:00 a.m.
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Kano State command, says it has arrested a gang of 11 suspected hoodlums found in possession of dangerous weapons in Mariri, Kumbotso Local Government Area.
This is contained in a statement issued on Friday in Kano by the command’s public relations officer, SC Ibrahim Idris-Abdullahi.
He listed the suspects as Idris Muhammad,20, Abubakar Shuaibu,24, Sagiru Hassan Yusuf, 25, Idris Muhammad Morata, 25, and Anas Rabiu, 23.
Others were Yahaya Muhammad, 29, Khalid Idris, 28, Muhammad Adamu, 19, Muktar Auwal Muktar ,22, Salim Muktar, 18, and Saifullahi Nuhu,18.
According to Mr Idris-Abdullahi, operatives of the command apprehended the suspects on Wednesday at about 1:00 a.m, armed with dangerous local weapons.

NSCDC
“The gang was on a rampage after attending a local traditional festival in Mariri area and were attacking residents and dispossessing them of their belongings.
“The gang also stormed a nearby NSCDC outpost in Mariri, attacked and left a staff fractured in the office” he said
Idris-Abdullahi listed the items recovered to include six cutlasses, swords and a pair of scissors.
He added that the command’s intelligence and investigation department had concluded investigations and the suspects would be charged to court.
Idris-Abdullahi quoted the state commandant, Mohammed Hassan-Agalama, as reaffirming the command’s commitment to tackling criminal activities, protecting critical national assets and safeguarding public peace in Kano State.
Crime
Lagos Police Nab 26 Over Counterfeit Currency, Adulterated Diesel
Lagos Police Nab 26 Over Counterfeit Currency, Adulterated Diesel
Lagos Police nab 26 over counterfeit currency, adulterated diesel. The police said N951,300 in counterfeit notes was recovered from the suspects’ premises during the raid.
The police command in Lagos has apprehended 26 suspects over counterfeit currency and adulterated diesel in the Eti-Osa and Lekki areas. The command spokesperson, SP Abimbola Adebisi, confirmed this in a statement on Friday.
She said the suspects were apprehended on Thursday afternoon during a joint operation conducted by police officers and officials of the Kick Against Indiscipline.
According to her, a total of N951,300 in counterfeit notes was recovered from the suspects’ premises during the raid.
The spokesperson said investigations revealed that four of the suspects were directly involved in the production and distribution of adulterated diesel and engine oil, locally known as ‘rice and beans’.
“The illicit product was sold to unsuspecting motorists across the area. Two other suspects were identified as suppliers of the adulterated petroleum products,” she said.

Police Arrests
Ms Adebisi said that police commissioner Olohundare Jimoh warned all criminally minded individuals to desist from their nefarious activities.
“CP Jimoh cautioned that anyone involved in acts that threaten public peace or economic stability will face the full weight of the law,” she said.
She assured residents that Lagos remains safe, reiterating that the command is in control of the security situation and has prioritised the safety and well-being of all residents.
She urged the public to provide credible and timely information that could assist the police in apprehending criminals and preventing crime.
“Public cooperation remains essential to sustaining the peace and security for which Lagos state is known,” she said.
-
Crime7 months agoKogi Assembly Considers Law To Regulate Rent, Establish Control Board: Tenancy Law
-
Akwa Ibom10 months agoThe Apostolic Church Gets New Territorial Chairman, Exco
-
Akwa Ibom10 months agoUmo Eno Commences Payment Of 80,000 Naira Minimum Wage With Arrears
-
News10 months agoThe Apostolic Church Gets New National President, Executive
-
News9 months agoSenator Natasha Returns To Senate With Husband Amid Seat Dispute
-
News8 months agoAtiku Reveals Why He Failed To Pick Wike As Running Mate In 2023
-
Economy7 months agoKiyosaki: Is Tinubu’s Government Afraid Of Ibrahim Traore?
-
Politics10 months agoPresident Trump Changes Divorce Law, No 50% Property Shares
